Partner of creative entrepreneurs
The aim of CultuurInvest is to create financial breathing space for entrepreneurs to grow their business by means of:
- Investments based on subordinated loans or equity participations.
- Support by coaching and advice.
Who is eligible for an investment?
- Enterprises from the cultural and creative industries; audiovisual, fine arts, design, gaming, printed media, fashion, music, new media, performing arts, cultural heritage, architecture, advertising and communication.
- SME’s and non-profit organisations. Natural persons are not eligible.
- The main trading operational office of the enterprise should be established in the Flemish or Brussels Region. For enterprises in Brussels there should be a clear link with Flanders.
- Enterprises that are not in difficulties.
- In the case of equity participation, private parties should invest at least 30% of the total financing need.
- PMV invested with CultuurInvest already amounts between 30.000 euro and 1 million euro. Larger amounts can be invested within the PMV-group.
The advantages of CultuurInvest:
- No guarantees are requested.
- Loans are subordinated, which makes it easier to convince a bank or private party to co-invest.
- It is possible to postpone capital repayments by granting a grace period.
- Access to other financial products of PMV for a next financing round.
- Guidance and coaching by the investment managers of PMV to put together a business- and financial plan and to realize these plans.
- Being part of the network of creative entrepreneurs of CultuurInvest.
Facts and Figures
- Amount of investments since launch of CultuurInvest: 70
- Total committed amount: 11.5 million euro
- Multiplicator effect from private parties: 13.3 million euro
- Total amount that has flown back to the fund: 3.6 million euro
- Current portfolio: 4.4 million euro
Current amount of active enterprises: 29
HOW TO APPLY / MORE INFO
- Oude Graanmarkt 63
- 1000 Brussels
- T 02 229 52 30
- F 02 229 52 31
- E ue/vmp//tsevniruutluc