PMV (Participatiemaatschappij Vlaanderen) is a do and dare company that is shaping the future of the Flemish economy. It provides funding for promising businesses, from the day they first open their doors, through their various growth stages and even to enable their internationalization. Working with various stakeholders , PMV implements projects that are important for prosperity and wellbeing in Flanders.
At PMV we nurture a true team spirit. We pro-actively source exciting investment opportunities and we closely collaborate with our portfolio companies to realize their ambition by providing the necessary investment and by acting as a constructive sparring partner. We are proud of bringing innovation into practice in Lifesciences and care.
PMV does not just invest in companies and projects, PMV primarily invests in people. PMV gives its employees the space and means to continuously develop and grow. PMV employees are given a great level of autonomy to shape their job content and to excel in professionalism.
Does PMV’s story sounds attractive to you? Are you dreaming of not only generating financial profit with investments, but also to strive for sustainability and impact on society in general, and on improved and affordable healthcare specifically ? Then we are looking forward to get to know you!
PMV is looking to strengthen its Lifesciences & care team within the group of Venture Capital. PMV’s Lifesciences & care team manages a 200 M€ evergreen fund for VC investments in innovative companies. It currently holds a portfolio of 30 companies, ranging from very early start-ups to Nasdaq-listed companies (refer to https://www.pmv.eu/en/about-financing-entrepreneurs/equity for a view on our current and former portfolio).
As investment manager you will join a team of 5 colleagues and you will be involved in deal sourcing, analysis of investment opportunities, getting investment proposals approved by PMV’s relevant corporate bodies, structuring and negotiating investment deals in close collaboration with in-house legal counsel and follow up your investments mostly as a member of the board of directors. Your tasks will be as diverse and challenging as you can imagine. By the way, also be prepared to have a lot of fun!
- You share our passion for the lifesciences and care sector and hold a degree relevant to this sector (e.g. PhD, PharmD, Ing, MSc., MD, …)
- You have at least several years of relevant professional experience and you have a network in the lifesciences sector, e.g. in a dedicated lifesciences investment environment, management experience in a VC-backed biotech or medtech company,…
- You have affinity with identifying investment opportunities
- You are solution-driven, creative and can think ‘out of the box’
- You are result-oriented and a true team player
- You are fluent in English and at ease in a Dutch-speaking environment
Apply for this job
Send me your CV and motivation letter using the contact details below:
Oude Graanmarkt 63