The guarantee must meet the following conditions:
- it always exceeds EUR 1.5 millionit may not exceed 80% of the underlying financing
- it has a maximum duration of 15 years
- and only benefits from the collateral and personal sureties established by the bank for the guaranteed credit
In exchange for the guarantee:
- you pay a periodic guarantee premium in line with the market at the start of each new period
- you make agreements with Gigarant in terms of employment in Flanders
Calculation of the premium
The periodic (at least annual) guarantee premium is in line with the market. You need to pay it at the beginning of each new period. The rating given to the application and the surety structure determine the amount of the premium.
PMV can invest
To support its position as guarantor, Gigarant may also (co-)invest in companies. This may be by way of a capital participation and/or by providing a loan (subordinated, non-subordinated, mezzanine and/or ordinary).
In doing so, Gigarant focuses particularly on companies looking for a “turnaround” or strategic transition. Gigarant can assist these companies both by providing a guarantee for their external financing and by making a co-investment with private investors. For new applications, the size of such an investment is limited to one-fourth of the guarantee requested.